Thursday, February 28, 2013

Beet and Date Muffins with a Tahini Glaze

Came across this interesting recipe one night and thought to myself, how can that be good? BUT, I tried it last night and I have to say they are quite tasty! They are vegan and gluten free (the original recipe is, because I ran out of a few things and had to replace them.
The hardest part by far was shredding the beets. They were messy for sure!
Check out the recipe from Kitchen to Nirvana.
I did a couple things differently from the original recipe:
  • Didn't buy enough of each flour, so used a cup of each flour and 1/2 cup of white flour
  • Didn't have enough honey left, so only added in 1 cup of honey and 1/4 cup sugar
  • Didn't have non-dairy milk for the icing, so just used regular cow's milk
Hope you enjoy the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment