Sunday, January 13, 2013

Skinny Snowmen Cake Pops

I love these cake pops! Typically, I make cake pops by hand, start with the cake, mix in the frosting, let cool and then dip into chocolate. My sister got me a snowman cake pop pan and I gave it a shot.
Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix
7 oz greek non fat plain yogurt
2 egg whites
1/4 cup sprinkles
Chocolate wafers for melting (I used white and red for the scarf)
White sprinkles
Edible pen (in black)
Orange sprinkles for the nose
Mini Oreos for the hat
Toothpicks

Mix cake mix, yogurt, egg whites and sprinkles into mixing bowl. After you've mixed it, spoon your batter into your cake pop pan (the non hole side) to the top. Cover the other half of the cake pan and secure pans together. In a 350 degree oven, bake between 10-12 minutes or until your toothpick comes out of the vent hole in the cake pan clean. Take pan out of oven when ready and let sit 5-10 minutes before separating the two pans. Place the cake pops into the freezer to cool.
Meanwhile, melt your chocolate wafers as directed. Place the end of your stick into the chocolate first and push into your pop, no more than halfway through the body. Let dry and then dip your snowman, tapping your wrist so the excess chocolate comes off the pop. I then, sprinkles with some white pearl sprinkle dust and set aside to dry.
I took my edible pen and marked the eyes, mouth and buttons. Melting the red chocolate, I took a toothpick and painted on the scarf. I then took my Oreos and put chocolate on the bottom of that and let dry on top of the snowman's head. For the nose, I had large orange triangle sprinkles and just cut in half for the nose.

Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment