Saturday, January 19, 2013

No-Bake Oatmeal and Almond Butter Bites

Tomorrow is my first day learning to snowboard. I am a bit nervous, but I'm glad I'll be going with a group of non-snowboarders just like myself so I won't feel so bad. In any case, I decided to make these oatmeal bites as a snack for the gang whether on the bunny hill, before we begin our long day of falling, or snacking on them on the way home.

Ingredients:
1 cup old fashioned dry, uncooked oatmeal
2/3 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup almond butter
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp nutella

Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Once all ingredients are mixed well, refrigerate for 30 minutes. Take out and shape into small balls.
Recipe adapted (and revised for my taste) from Gimme Some Oven who also made these on her trip to the slopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment