Monday, January 21, 2013

Easy Lavender Tea Cake w/ Vanilla Chai Tea Glaze

I have had fantasies about making a lavender cake for weeks. The other night I got up enough courage to finally make one. But I was a little nervous, without a recipe and all, so I began with my Betty Crocker white cake mix as my canvas and went from there. That way, I wouldn't feel completely bad if it came out horribly. I have to say though, it was an interesting taste, but still very refreshing, like I was eating a cup of tea.

Ingredients:
For the cake:
1 box of Betty Crocker White Cake Mix (including all ingredients on the box)
2 tbsp of ground lavender tea leaves (you can use a grinder to powder the leaves or use a pestle mortar to make the tea leaves finer.
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon
Mix all ingredients and place in oven for specific baking time on the box. Because I used a loaf pan, I baked mine for 40 minutes on 325 (which is lower than the box because I didn't want my cake to cave in in the middle).

For the glaze
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp vanilla chai tea

Whisk all ingredients together in small bowl to the consistency of your liking. Pour on top of your lavender cake.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This sounds like such a marvelous and unique cake. Especially the Chai glaze.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete