Thursday, January 17, 2013

Balsamic Carmelized Pear & Onion Pizza

Holy moly is the only thing I can say to describe this pizza. Now, I just wish I had thought of the combo myself. I went to California Pizza Kitchen and ordered their Pear & Gorgonzola pizza, but I never like the Gorgonzola. So I decided to make my own, but better. And boy, I liked it A LOT.

Ingredients:
If you're busy like me, you want simple on a work night so I bought store ready pizza dough :)

For the pizza
Pizza dough (whole grain- got mine from Whole Foods)
1 shallot sliced
1/2 onion (or more if you like onions) sliced
1 mushroom sliced
1 pear sliced
1 small log of Goat Cheese (about 1/3 cup) chopped into pieces
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (for pizza)
2 tbsp sugar
3 tsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 350. Put 1 tsp oil in your saute pan on med to high heat. Then saute your onions and shallot slices for 5 minutes. Add in your balsamic vinegar and continuing to cook for 10-20 minutes constantly stirring. Meanwhile, take out your dough and using a rolling pin to flatten into a pizza. Pinch the ends together like a pizza crust. Immediately put your pizza into the oven without any toppings and let the crust start cooking.

Then, add your pear and mushrooms into your onion mix along with sugar and garlic powder. Put your stove heat on low and wait until your pizza crust is almost cooked, almost golden brown.

Take out your crust and brush 2 tsp oil on your crust. Top with 3/4 of your Goat Cheese pieces, saving the rest for your salad. Put crust back in oven for 5-10 more minutes until the cheese is starting to melt. Take your crust out once more and then top you pizza with the balsamic mix.

Put back into the oven for 10-20 more minutes, watching constantly that the crust is completely cooked.

For salad topping
The rest of your Goat Cheese pieces
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Spring mix lettuce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp basil

Mix all ingredients in a bowl making sure the cheese is coating the salad. Put on top of pizza after you take it out of the oven.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment